Futura’s unique teaching philosophy, the Building Block Method of Learning®, uses songs, games, and cultural activities to promote language learning in a dynamic, age-appropriate manner. The primary goal of our classes is to spread enthusiasm for the Spanish language while providing a rich exposure to its many cultures.
The Basics of the Building Block Method of Learning®
Dynamic approach to teaching:
- Each day/lesson is comprised of 8-12 different activities, none lasting more than 5-7 minutes
- Teaching methods are engaging and age appropriate (Songs, games, cultural activities)
- Lessons appeal to visual, kinesthetic, and audial learners.
Instruction mimics first language acquisition
- Students learn to speak before they learn to read or write in the target language
- Conversation is the first and foremost focus of every class
- Students immediately start responding to their teachers in Spanish
Continuously builds on skills
- Multiple topics are introduced simultaneously over several weeks so that there is always an opportunity for review to improve language retention.
- Encourages total conceptual learning so that students are able to start building basic sentences and phrases. Example: During a study on body parts students review colors and numbers: Tengo dos ojos. Mis ojos son azules.
Building Lifelong Language Learners Since 2001